- 8 Tomatoes (medium size)
- 3-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Bay leaf and cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Cream for garnishing
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tomatoes become tender. You can also pressure cook it (wait for 2 whistles and then switch off the gas).
- Make tomato puree in an electric blender. Add water and strain it to remove the seeds and tomato skin.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add black pepper powder, red chilli powder, bay leaf and cumin powder and salt.
- Add tomato puree, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat .
- Serve hot. Garnish it with cream separately in each bowl.