2 cups – plain flour
3/4 cup – softened butter
1/2 cup – icing sugar
1/4 tsp – vanilla essence
1 cup – granulated sugar
1 tbsp – cocoa powder
1 cup – coarsely crushed walnuts
1/4 cup – cream
2 tbsp – butter
1 cup – chocolate curls
1. Beat softened butter and icing sugar till soft and fluffy.
2. Fold in vanilla essence, and flour to make a crumbly dough.
3. Divide in 12 ungreased tart moulds.
4. Press down softly, with a small mallet or back of spoon.
5. Bring up on side to line till rim.
6. Even out by putting a thin sheet of plastic over dough, while pressing.
7. Bake in preheated oven, at 160oC for 28-30 minutes, or till golden.
8. Remove, allow to cool to room temperature.
9. Melt sugar in heavy pan, till golden and fully liquefied.
10. Take off fire, add cream and cocoa, whip till well mixed.
11. Take care because mixture will boil furiously, on adding cream.
12. Add nuts, butter, mix well, allow to cool and thicken a little.
13. Spoon into tart moulds, sprinkle thickly with chocolate curls.
14. Serve warm and gooey, with tea and snacks.
Making time: 1 hour
Makes: 12 small tarts
Shelflife: 2 days